We are always excited to meet new patients. Your first visit to our office will begin with our assessment of what you desire or expect from orthodontic treatment. This will be followed by a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options along with treatment costs. This important complimentary initial visit gives us insight into your orthodontic needs.
Our goal is to ensure that you leave our office with a good understanding of all aspects of the problems and solutions. We want to be sure you are satisfied with the information we have shared with you – that all of your concerns and questions have been addressed adequately.
During the initial examination for each patient, the following basic orthodontic questions will be addressed.
Of course, we will be glad to answer your questions!
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
- What is my next step?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we address specific areas after careful analysis of diagnostic records. These records include study models made from dental impressions, radiographs (X-rays), and close-up photographs of the face and teeth. The diagnostic records for each patient are evaluated personally by Dr. Teja. They are not sent out to commercial laboratories that create generic treatment plans. Our approach results in an in-depth, customized treatment plan for each patient, leading to superior results - and of course, the best smiles of our satisfied patients.
t is important to us that our patients are provided with a clear explanation of their specific needs and recommended treatment, as well as any challenges that may be anticipated.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months but if these have not been taken recently, we will do these in our office with our state-of-the-art Panoramic Cepholometric X-Ray Machine.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, please bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your financial responsibility, as well as your expected insurance benefits. The need for predetermination of insurance benefits can also be assessed at this time.
Please download our patient forms and bring them to your appointment completed. You can also fax or mail them in before your appointment.